Postgraduate Coordination Team
Our postgraduate prospectus
for Engineering and Computer Science gives information about the graduate programme, and many courses have their own specific homepages
. You are welcome to approach one of the following people:
- Diana Siwiak - first point of contact and postgraduate development coordinator (Masters and PhD),
- Pawel Dmochowski - PhD Proposal Seminar Chair (PhD) Lindsay Groves on leave for first half 2019,
- James Noble - Academic Consultant (Masters and PhD),
- Tony McLoughlin - Postgraduate Administrator (Masters and PhD),
- Suzan Hall - room bookings and swipe card access (Masters and PhD),
- Patricia Stein - Thesis Student Advisor - manages enrolment variations (Masters and PhD),
- Neil Dodgson - Associate Dean (Postgraduate Research).
- Winston Seah - for information regarding our research-based thesis programmes (ME, MSc (Part 2), and PhD), or
- Karsten Lundqvist - for information regarding our MSwDev, MEP, and matters related to the ICT Graduate School.
The following links contain more specific information relevant to postgraduate research:
Postgrad Life @ ECS
Shut Up & Write:
ECS Writing Sessions
Mondays & Thursdays 11:00-12:30 in Cotton Room 344.
- Arrive early : We begin our first writing set at the top of the hour; each set occurs every 25 minutes, with 5 minute breaks in between.
- Come when you can : Since each writing set happens every half an hour, you can (quietly) come late or leave early.
- Have a plan of attack : Which section will you focus on? What is your completion goal for the session? What is your word count goal?
- Go offline : You can’t unplug, but you can disconnect from the internet and put your phone away during each set.
- Stay as long as you need : If you’ve hit a writing groove as the group disbands, keep on writing!
Connect with us on social media
Do you need to register for an ECS account? Please visit the Account Registration
. This will give you access to the ECS computer systems and ECS email service
. Reset your password
if you cannot access your computer systems or email account. You can also forward your ECS email
to your preferred email address.
Do you know how to access your
email addresses? Please see the following links to assist you with your staff email
, your student email
, staff password reset
, and student password reset
. You can forward your student email
and your staff email
to your preferred email address. Contact Tony McLoughlin
to acquire your staff ID and temporary password.
Do you know how to properly report a bug or request a job? Our wonderful tech team
have put together an extremely useful tech note
on how to expediently acquire what you request or address what you report. Please take the time to read this over!
Need to get on the VUW wifi? Check out: WiFi Access
. If your ITS Student ID isn't working, reset it: Password Reset
Trying to access University resources from off campus? Set up the VUW VPN
. Cisco AnyConnect
works well with Mac and iOS devices.
Are you a new PhD student? Check out Resources & Information for New Doctoral Candidates
Are you feeling stressed and need to have a chat with someone? ‘1737, need to talk?’
is New Zealand’s new national mental health & addictions helpline number. It's free to call or text.
If you would like to participate in some of the free Wellbeing events around campus, check out Student Services
(even if you're a postgraduate student!).
Are you to the point of getting your thesis bound and submitted to the library? One of the preferred vendors for binding, The Bookbindery
, is up in Auckland.