Introduction to Computer Program Design: COMP102 2019 Trimester T1.
Welcome to COMP102 for 2019 Tri T1.
No sound in video recordings, Mon 13 May
Test: documentation sheet
Test2 next Tuesday 14th 5pm-6pm
Course Pages and Resources:
- Course Outline and Additional information about the course, including choosing which stream of lectures to go to.
- Lab & lecture times, etc.
You will need to Sign up online for two lab sessions: one "Tutorial Lab" session and one "Assignment Lab" session.
- Course schedule with links to lectures slides, .
- Assignments: handouts, downloads, starter files, marker feedback etc,
- Your Marks for assignments and tests.
- Videos of lectures and short tutorial videos.
- Forum: a place to ask questions and interact with other students.
- Programming Resources: Java documentation and resources, and using Java at home
- People involved with the course. (Staff, Tutors, Class representatives)
- Assessment Archive: past term tests and exams.
See also an online self test suite for practicing your java programming knowledge, (but note that it is not tailored for this course).
System Management: Set up ECS account, Change password, Forward your email, Check print allocation, Report a problem Technical Documentation and FAQs: There are lots of useful pages at Support.WebHome on many different aspects of the ECS computing system. Science/Engineering Faculty resources: TeRopu Awhina the Maori/Pacific focused support network. Science and Engineering Faculty office. VUW resources: Learning Support, Study Resources, helpful booklets on many study topics; Computing Services
VUW Library resources for Engineering, and Computer Science Clubs: VEC (VUW Engineering Club) Other resources: A list of free online courses in computer science, which could add to your learning. Also, A useful list of common Java errors and what to do about them