I received the Ph.D. from the College of Computer Science, Sichuan University, China, in June, 2017. From August 2015 to February 2017, I studied at the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Oklahoma State University, USA, as a jointly Ph.D. student financed by China Scholar Council. Since July 2018, I have been a Postdoc Research Fellow at the School of Engineering and Computer Science, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand.
I am the organizer of the First Workshop on Evolutionary Deep Learning
, and the founding chair of the IEEE CIS Task Force on Evolutionary Deep Learning and Applications
- Evolutionary Deep learning
- Deep Neural Networks for Unsupervised Representation Learning, and
- Many-objective Evolutionary Algorithms, and
- Yanan Sun, Gary G. Yen, Zhang Yi, "Evolving Unsupervised Deep Neural Networks for Learning Meaningful Representations". IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation. DOI:10.1109/TEVC.2018.2808689.
- Yanan Sun, Gary G. Yen, Zhang Yi, "IGD Indicator-based Evolutionary Algorithm for Many-objective Optimization Problems". IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation. DOI:10.1109/TEVC.2018.2791283.
- Yanan Sun, Gary G. Yen, Zhang Yi, "Improved Regularity Model-based EDA for Many-objective Optimization". IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation. DOI:10.1109/TEVC.2018.2794319.
- Yanan Sun, Gary G. Yen, Zhang Yi, "Reference line-based Estimation of Distribution Algorithm for many-objective optimization". Knowledge-Based Systems, 2017, 132: 129-143. DOI:10.1016/j.knosys.2017.06.021.
- Yanan Sun, Hua Mao, Yongsheng Sang, Zhang Yi, "Explicit guiding auto-encoders for learning meaningful representation". Neural Computing and Applications, 2017, 28(3): 429-436. DOI:10.1007/s00521-015-2082-x.
- Yanan Sun, Hua Mao, Quan Guo, Zhang Yi, "Learning a good representation with unsymmetrical auto-encoder". Neural Computing and Applications, 2016, 27(5): 1361-1367. DOI:10.1007/s00521-015-1939-3.
- Yanan Sun, Gary G. Yen, Zhang Yi, "Global View-based Selection Mechanism for Many-objective Evolutionary Algorithm", Proceedings of IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation 2017, Donostia-San Sebastián, Spain. DOI:10.1109/CEC.2017.7969343.
- Yanan Sun, Gary G. Yen, Hua Mao, Zhang Yi, "Manifold Dimension Reduction Based Clustering for Multi-objective Evolutionary Algorithm", Proceedings of IEEE Evolutionary Computation 2016, Vancouver, Canada. DOI:10.1109/CEC.2016.7744269.
- Yanan Sun, Bing Xue, Mengjie Zhang, Gary G. Yen, An Experimental Study on Hyper-parameter Optimization for Stacked Auto-Encoders, 2018 IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation. To Appear.
- Bin Wang, Yanan Sun, Bing Xue, Mengjie Zhang, Evolving Deep Convolutional Neural Networks by Variable-length Particle Swarm Optimization for Image Classification, 2018 IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation. To Appear.
- Evolutionary Computation-Based Architecture Optimization for Convolutional Neural Network, National Natural Science Foundation of China, 2019-2021. (PI, Grant: 280,000 RMB)
- Multimedia Data Extraction and Evaluation System, Science and Technology Innovation Program of Sichuan Province, 2016-2017. (PI)
- Massive Video Retrieval System Based on Deep Learning, Science and Technology Innovation Program of Sichuan Province, 2014-2015. (PI)
- Non-deterministic Probability Model Learning Based on Model Detection, National Natural Science Foundation of China, 2014-2016.
- Study on The Technique of Preoperative Prediction of Cranio-maxillofacial Surgery, National Natural Science Foundation of China, 2014-2016.
- I was invited to be a PC member of AAAI-19 to be held January 27 - February 1 in Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
- I was invited to be a member of the IEEE Computational Intelligence Society Task Force on Evolutionary Computer Vision and Image Processing
- I was invited to chair the Session "Discrete and Combinatorial Optimization" in CEC18 (scheduled on Tuesday, July 10th, from 4:30pm-6:30pm in Room Capri II)
- I was invited to be a PC member in PRICAI2018 (The 15th Pacific Rim International Conference on Artificial Intelligence)
- I was invited to be a PC member in AI18 (The 31st Australasian Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence)
- Reviewer of IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation,
- Reviewer of IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics,
- Reviewer of IEEE Transactions on Emergent Topics in Computational Intelligence
- Reviewer of IEEE Transactions on Cognitive and Developmental Systems
- Reviewer of Evolutionary Computation
- Reviewer of Image and Vision Computing,
- Reviewer of Applied Soft Computing
- Reviewer of Natural Computing
- Reviewer of IET Computer Vision
- Reviewer of Swarm and Evolutionary Computation
- Reviewer of International Journal of Systems Science: Operations & Logistics,
- Reviewer of 2018 IEEE Symposium Series on Computational Intelligence (SSCI) (SSCI 2018)
- Reviewer of CEC2017 and CEC2018,
- Reviewer of Third IEEE International Conference on Information Science and Technology (ICIST 2013),
- Reviewer of Seventh IEEE International Conference on Cybernetics and Intelligent Systems (CIS) and the 7th IEEE International Conference on Robotics, Automation and Mechatronics (IEEE CIS & RAM 2015),
- Reviewer of 28th International IEEE Conference on Tools with Artificial Intellignece (IEEE ICTAI 2016),
- The Third International Conference of Young Computer Scientists, Engineers and Educators (ICYCSEE 2017) PC member,
- The 11th International Conference on Simulated Evolution and Learning (SEAL 2017) PC member,
- The 10th International Conference on Advanced Computational Intelligence (ICACI 2018) PC member, and
- Member of IEEE and IEEE Computational Intelligence Society.
Updated at 20 Aug. 2018