Engineering Video CompetitionDo you like making home-videos?
Or never actually made a home-video, but would like to have a go? Do you want to tell the world what it's like to be a student in the
School of Engineering and Computer Science? Then here's your chance! We are looking for creative and bright ideas on how you would tell the world about the Engineering students and the School of Engineering and Computer Science at Victoria University Wellington.
NEW DEADLINE: Midday Monday 26th July 2010
If you're interested, then contact:
Senior Tutor Ambreen Khan-Evans
Phone: 04 463 5936
Room CO340 Cotton Building, Kelburn Campus
- You DO NOT need to be an Engineering student to enter, but in your video, you will need to show the experiences of the Engineering students. Some ideas are given below.
- You DO need to be a student at Victoria University.
- The video must relate to the experiences of students in Engineering in Computer Science at Victoria University Wellington. SOME IDEAS: * Some existing student projects * A day in the life of an Engineering Student * Funky experiences in computer labs * Different take on Engineering * Whatever you decide, be creative!
- The video must be no longer than 90 seconds.
- Anybody you use for your video must sign the Copyright and Consent form
- By entering the competition, you consent to Victoria University being able to use your submitted video entry for the School and University promotional purposes. You must also sign the Video Release Form
- 1st Prize is an 32GB iPod touch (value $520), 2nd Prize 8GBiPod nano (value $240), 3rd Prize Sennheiser headphones ($120)
- Judges decisions will be final. The promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Prizes are not exchangeable or transferable, and cannot be redeemed for cash. The winning entries will be notified and on producing identification, they can claim there prize. All winners agree by accepting the prizes to participate in any publicity connected with this competition.
- No purchase or fee is required to enter. By entering the competition, you accept these terms and conditions.
- Entry is by emailing Ambreen.Khan-Evans@ecs.vuw.ac.nz by Midday 26th July 2010.
- Winners will be announced on 6th August 2010.
- Winners will be notified by email via their Victoria University email address.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person/team.
- Prizes cannot be exchanged for cash or other property and are subject to the terms and conditions and refund policies of VUW.
- The competition is only open to VUW students. The prize winners will be required to collect their prize from School of Engineering and Computer Science by showing their Student ID card or other proof of identity.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entry registrations lost or mislaid before or after entry.
- Employees of VUW, the advertiser or promoter that is sponsoring the competition or providing the prizes and their immediate families are not eligible to enter the competition or win any prizes.
- VUW and the advertiser or promoter that is sponsoring the competition or providing the prizes reserves the right to use the winner's name and photo for promotional purposes.
- Each winner acknowledges that VUW accepts no responsibility or liability for any harm, damage or illness or injury, which may occur as a result of the winner winning the prizes and/or using the prizes.
- In the event of any dispute, the Head of Engineering Marketing Committee shall make a final and binding determination.