Graduate Coordination Team
Our post-graduate prospectus
for Engineering and Computer Science gives information about the graduate programme, and many courses have their own specific homepages
. You are welcome to approach one of the following people:
- Diana Siwiak - first point of contact and postgraduate development coordinator for all thesis students (Masters and PhD),
- Craig Watterson - pastoral care for all thesis students (Masters and PhD),
- Lindsay Groves - coordinator for provisionally registered thesis students, e.g. seminar chair (PhD),
- Will Browne - coordinator for fully registered thesis students, e.g. six monthly reports manager (PhD),
- Tony McLoughlin - postgraduate administrator (Masters and PhD),
- Neil Dodgson - Associate Dean (Postgraduate Research).
- Winston Seah - concerning our thesis program (ME, MSc (Part 2), and PhD), or
- Bing Xue - for non-thesis postgraduate programs in Computer Science, or
- Neil Dodgson - for non-thesis postgraduate programs in Computer Graphics, or
- Robin Dykstra - for non-thesis postgraduate programs in Electronic and Computer systems, or
- Alex Potanin - for non-thesis postgraduate programs in Software Development, Engineering Practice, or matters related to the ICT Graduate School.
The following links contain more specific information relevant to postgraduate research:
Postgrad Life @ ECS
Shut Up & Write:
ECS Writing Sessions
Mondays & Thursdays 13:00-15:00 in Cotton Room 344.
- Arrive early : We begin our first writing set at the top of the hour; each set occurs every 25 minutes, with 5 minute breaks in between.
- Come when you can : Since each writing set happens every half an hour, you can (quietly) come late or leave early.
- Have a plan of attack : Which section will you focus on? What is your completion goal for the session? What is your word count goal?
- Go offline : You can’t unplug, but you can disconnect from the internet and put your phone away during each set.
- Stay as long as you need : If you’ve hit a writing groove as the group disbands, keep on writing!
Connect with us on social media
Do you need to register for an ECS account? Please visit the Account Registration
Do you know how to properly report a bug or request a job? Our wonderful tech team
have put together an extremely useful tech note
on how to expediently acquire what you request or address what you report. Please take the time to read this over!
Are you a new PhD student? Check out Resources & Information for New Doctoral Candidates
Are you feeling stressed and need to have a chat with someone? ‘1737, need to talk?’
is New Zealand’s new national mental health & addictions helpline number. It's free to call or text.
Are you to the point of getting your thesis bound and submitted to the library? One of the preferred vendors for binding, The Bookbindery
, is up in Auckland.