It's not so hard to join this research group. You can do it all your self (don't need to ask anyone). Just do these things:
- Join the Elvis Mailing List (email@example.com) see http://ecs.victoria.ac.nz/mailman/listinfo.cgi/elvis
- Come to some of our SubGroups
- Check that you are in the Elvis ECS UNIX group (e.g. "groups username" from the command line).
- If you are not part of the Elvis ECS UNIX group you can ask an ELVIS academic staff member (preferably your thesis or project supervisor if applicable) to email firstname.lastname@example.org asking that you be added.
- Login to the Elvis wiki (that is this wiki), it takes ECS login credentials.
- Link to your ECS official page on the People page under the appropriate heading e.g. People#Academic_Staff
- Create a research diary / blog to keep track of your research. (e.g. DiaryOfRashiNa)
- If you are a thesis student (MSc Thesis, PhD) find an office, you are entitled to office space. Talk to your supervisor.
- Come and say hello to other Elvis members, don't be shy we are all friendly and are here to help