Agile Research Group
The Agile Research Group is for anyone interested in research on Agile software development.
Meetings: "Agile Lunch"
We meet weekly on Thursday (1200-1300) in CO255
and discuss Agile Software Development research. JamesNoble
is the contact person. If you have suggestions for the regular meetings please forward them to the group at firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to the Agile Research Group mailing list for meeting times and info: http://ecs.victoria.ac.nz/mailman/listinfo.cgi/agilegroup
Friends of Agile Group
- 8 July 2011: Meeting with researchers AngelaMartin and her students visiting from Waikato
- 7 July 2011: Group discussed Agile practices in SWEN302: Agile Methods course.
- 30 Jun 2011: Group discussed Philippe Kruchten's latest article Agile's Teenage Crisis
- 23 Jun 2011: Keith Cassell presented on "A dual clustering approach for the extract class refactoring"
- 16 Jun 2011: Listened to podcast by Grady Booch: http://www.computer.org/portal/web/computingnow/onarchitecture which started a hearty discussed into "command-control" management vs "light-touch leadership" etc. We then created a backlog of topics the group would like to discuss in the future meetings.
- 9 Jun 2011: Rashina and Siva talked about XP2011 conference which was held in Madrid last month. The group discussed the The Top 10 Burning Research Questions from Practitioners and pondered on the feasibility of executing some of the suggested topics. The fact that the top 4 research topics from the list are been [or have been] addressed by members of our Agile Group at VUW did not escape our notice
- 02/06/11: Dr. Horia Slusanschi shared his experiences of implementing Agile in HP. We were joined by two other visitors - one from the practitioner community and another Masters student planning to research in the area of Agile software development.
- 23/3/11 to 26/5/11: several meetings (except a few when most people were away etc.) which included watching videos on topics within Agile, discussions, and pizzas!
- 16/3/11 (Wednesday 11am, Cotton Club). Agenda: Rashina is back and will give an informal talk about her experiences of doing her research (from the point of view of how she went about it rather than the research material itself). This should be interesting to those with an interest in Grounded Theory. We may also be able to get her to talk about her plans for this coming year.
- 16/2/11 (Wednesday 11am, Cotton Club). Agenda: Diane will talk about her trip to the ICIS Doctoral Consortium in St Louis at the end of last year.
- 15/12/10 (Wednesday 11am, Cotton Club) -- cancelled due to too many people being away
- 17/11/10 (Wednesday 11am, Cotton Club) -- our new regular time of 11am on the third Wednesday of the month. Attended: Michael Waterman, Siva Dorairaj, Diane Strode. Siva discussed his upcoming research proposal and Diane discussed her upcoming trip to the US to an ICIS doctoral consortium
- 8/09/10 (Wednesday 11am, Cotton Club) -- a general catch-up on what the group has been doing.
- 22/06/10 (Tuesday 11am) -- first meeting back
- General catchup and deciding a more regular meeting time and format. Attending: George Allan, Diane Strode, Rashina Hoda, Michael Waterman.
- 05/08/09 (Wednesday 1-2 pm)
- 20/07/09 (Monday 1-2 pm) (Please note this is a one-off change)
- 02/07/09 (Thursday 1-2 pm) in C0255
- 18/06/09 (Thursday 1-2 pm) in C0255
- 12/09/2008 (Friday 12-1pm) in CO339 annex (Cotton Club)
- The requirements abstraction in user stories and executable acceptance tests. Shelly Park and Frank Maurer. Agile 2008
(local copy - /vol/elvis/readinggroup/agile/park-maurer2008.pdf)
- Interaction design and agile development reconciling iterative and incremental approaches. Jennifer Ferreira. Agile 2008
(local copy - /vol/elvis/readinggroup/agile/ferreira2008.pdf)
- 22/08/2008 (Friday 12-1pm) in CO339 annex (Cotton Club)
- 01/08/2008 (Friday 12-1pm) in CO339 annex (Cotton Club)