Teaching in 2017
- Course Lecturer
- Course Coordinator
- Course Lecturer
Research InterestsMy main research lies in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Big Data / Database with connections with Biology, Statistics, Engineering and Mathematics.
- Evolutionary Computation, particularly Particle Swarm Optimisation and Genetic Programming
- Feature Selection, Feature Construction, Dimension Reduction
- Big Data / Database, Data Mining, and Machine Learning, Classification
- Evolutionary Multi-objective Optimisation *Symbolic Regression, Image Analysis and Processing
- Am a member of Evolutionary Computation Research Group
My personal web page has more details.
Publications:a list of my publications
Professional Activities:please see here
Teaching and Supervision:please see here
- Evolutionary Computation for Feature Selection and Instance Selection in Large-Scale Classification
- Genetic Programming for Software/Program Testing
- Evolutionary Computation for Data Mining in Big Data
- Particle Swarm Optimization for Automated DNA Sequence Design
Recent and Coming Events
- Guest Editor: Special Issue on Evolutionary Optimisation, Feature Reduction and Learning, Soft Computing (Journal) , Springer, 2015
- IEEE CIS Task Force on Evolutionary Computation for Feature Selection and Construction (Chair)
- Organising Special session on *Evolutionary Feature Selection and Construction in IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC 2015)
- Organised Special session on Evolutionary Feature Reduction in The Tenth International Conference on Simulated Evolution And Learning (SEAL 2014)"
Bing Xue received the BSc and MSc degrees in 2007 from Henan University of Economics and Law and in 2010 from Shenzhen University, China. Bing received her PhD degree in 2014 at Victoria University of Wellington (VUW), New Zealand. She is currently is currently a Lecturer in Computer Science at VUW, New Zealand. Her research focuses mainly on evolutionary computation, feature selection, feature construction, dimension reduction, multi-objective optimisation, symbolic regression, image processing, data mining and machine learning. Dr Xue is leading the strategic research direction on evolutionary feature selection and construction at VUW.
Bing is the Chair of Task force in Evolutionary Feature Selection and Construction in IEEE Computational Intelligence Society (CIS), Program Chair of the 7th International Conference on Soft Computing and Pattern Recognition (2015), Guest Editor of Special Issue on Evolutionary Optimisation, Feature Reduction and Learning, Soft Computing (Journal), Chair of Symposium on Computational Intelligence in Feature Analysis, Selection, and Learning in Image and Pattern Recognition in IEEE Symposium Series on Computational Intelligence (IEEE SSCI 2016), Chair of Special session Evolutionary Feature Selection and Construction in IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation, WCCI 2016 /CEC2016 and CEC2015, and in international conference on Simulated Evolution And Learning (SEAL) 2014. She is also a member of Evolutionary Computation Technical Committee in IEEE CIS. Dr Xue is serving as a reviewer for 17 international journals and a program committee member for over 30 international conferences. She is also serving as the Director of Women in Engineering for the IEEE New Zealand Central Section.