Human-Computer Interaction GroupThe Human-Computer Interaction Group (HCI) carries out research on information visualization techniques and systems, natural user interfaces, user experience techniques, mobile education systems, usable security, and human aspects of software engineering. The People consists of academics and students from a variety of disciplines including human computer interaction, games, media design, and software engineering.
Upcoming MeetingsThe HCI Group meetings (all 400-level, Masters, and PhD students are welcome to attend) happen every two weeks on Wednesdays:
- Next Meeting: 26/06/2019 1-2pm in CO431
HCI Research Group 2018 Winter outing to Red Rocks and Beachhouse Cafe.
Graduation 2018. Divya Patel and Hannah Craighead.
Research InterestsWe are currently engaged in projects on:
- Human aspects of software engineering and programming
- Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, Mixed Reality VR/AR/MR
- Collaboration with interactive surfaces and spaces
- Serious games
- User experience practice
- Mobile education
- Visualization of education metrics
- Network visualization
- Sports visualization
- Collaborative visualization
- Software visualization
- Security information and event management
- Usable security
Scholarships and FundingWe are always looking for excellent PhD, Masters, and Honours students. We have funding available via our university and some other university funded research grants which are typically for summer research students. Apply for a Postgraduate PhD/Master Scholarship ( Next deadlines in 2019: 1 March, 1 July, 1 November ), contact Craig Anslow
- See Prospective PhD candidates for further information: https://www.victoria.ac.nz/fgr/prospective-phds