- 10/05 - Meeting with Stuart. (projected)
- 09/05 - HCI Group. (projected)
- 08/05 - Iterated over screenflows - small multiples, colour changes, simplification of unneeded design clutter.
- 06/05 - Moved repository to GitHub (https://github.com/jespinas/Mako). More backend skeleton code.
- 05/05 - Plugged in proposal content into final report template.
- 03/05 - Meeting with Stuart. Runthrough of mockups. TODO: Use small multiples, change colour of comments in annotation view, fill doc boxes with keyword colour. Investigate "Pivot" (? ACM visualisation?). Begin building up final report template.
- 01/05 - Initialised Bitbucket repository (to change to public repo? stick with SVN? need to give Stuart access either way) (update 06/05/2012 - moved to GitHub, found at https://github.com/jespinas/Mako)
- Created full-res mockups (ie, iPad resolution of 1024x768px, size 197x148mm) of initial designs.
- 26/04 - Meeting with Stuart. Discussion over initial design, implementation progress. TODO: full-res screen mockup of initial designs.
- Sketched screenflows of initial design.
- Looked into and noted down common features in existing implementations of annotation viewing (XLibris (various impls.), shared annotations (McFall R., et all, 2006), "fluid document" (Chang et all. 1998)). Also considered more commonplace tools (ie, MS Word annotations, Google Docs, etc).
- Impl.: Rough backend code for loading a test document.
- 05/04 - Proposal hand in.
- 05/04 - Meeting with Stuart. Final check of proposal before due date. TODO over break: initial base development and designs.
- 03/04 - HCI Group. Aired out project description with HCI group, feedback re: scope of project (input format, "preferred" form of digital notetaking, etc).
- More background/motivation for proposal, also on methodology/evaluation/resource reqs. List of project aims compiled.
- Gantt chart produced.
- 29/03 - Meeting with Stuart. Refining of proposal.
- First draft of proposal, brief summarisation of relevant research. Culled some readings due to narrowing of scope.
- 22/03 - Meeting with Stuart. Discussed findings, narrowed down scope to academic application and with single device (uni iPad)
- Investigated previous research into field of e-books/e-readers and annotations (both in academic and leisure sense)
- 20/03 - Decided on project and approached supervisor - Note Analysis and Visualisation for Digital Texts